6 Monday. August 23,1993 --- total sports event marketing company is look for motivating semester assignment. Kansam Classifieds Work. Beds. Desk ment internship. STUDENTS ONLY! $1 OFF COUPON World's Greatest Haircut Reg. $7 95 BUT WITH COUPON $6 95 ONLY HS OR HERS - MATINEE PERMS $23⁹⁵ Complete with cut! (MON - THURS. Till 4 PM) LONG Hair - Extra snip'n'clip FAMILY HAIRCUT SHOPS KU Orchard Shops 842-5151 15th & Kasold Under 12 KIDS CUTS $5 EXPIRES: 2-31-93 NATION/WORLD UNIVERSITY DAILY KANSAN Muslims reject Bosnian division Plan gives Serbs 52 percent of land The Associated Press SARAJEVO, Bosnia-Herzegovina — Bosnia's Muslim president predicted yesterday that the republic's assembly would reject the latest peace plan to divide Bosnia with its enemies — a snub that would likely bring a surge in fighting. Just hours after he returned from Geneva — where the proposal was offered last week — President Alja Izetbegovic called the plan unacceptable and indicated that his beleaguered government would continue trying to wrest more concessions from Bosnian Serbs and Croats. Under the compromise package, Serbbs would get about 25 percent of Bosnia, Muslims 31 percent and Croats 17 percent under a weak central government. Muslims, who control only about 10 percent of Bosnia, want at least 40 percent and demand that Serbs aren't given land where they committed genocide and "ethnic cleansing" of Muslims. On Friday, Serb and Croat leaders accepted the draft plan laid down by international peace negotiators. Izetebgicov said yesterday that the plan had some good aspects, including preserving Bosnia-Herzegovina as an internationally recognized state. He also pointed to a reduction in fighting in the last three weeks and an improvement in the supply of aid. But, he said, on first glance, the bad aspects prevailed. Muslim republic would be landlocked, and the Croat- and Serb-held lands would border Croatia and Serbia. "I will not propose that they vote for such a proposal," Izetbegovic said, adding that he wanted to continue the negotiating process. But, he predicted, the assembly would assess the plan as unacceptable. Meanwhile, Bosnian Croats showed no willingness yesterday to allow U.N. aid convoyes into the east side of Mostar, where 55,000 Muslims are on the brink of starvation. Sarajevo radio said Bosnian Croats, aided by the Croatian army, attacked the Mostar area yesterday with artillery, wounding 15 civilians, two of them fatally. The report could not be independently confirmed. United Nations High Commission for Refugees officials were hoping to get a food and medicine convoy into Most earl in the week but said that was conditional on a cease-fire. Local authorities said if no food convoy arrived within five days in Mostar's Muslim sector, there would be "death by starvation." The refugee commission agreed with that assessment, said Lyndall Sachs, spokesperson for the commission. The stranded people urgently need baby food, wheat flour and oil. A refuge commission official who visited Mostar on Saturday, said there were "many tragic cases of children with severe wounds." Doctors are performing up to 20 operations a day under "very, very primitive conditions," Sachs said. Croats have stopped the refugee commission for a fourth day from sending trucks into central Bosnia. Sachs said, "Essentially we're being held to ransom." Nicaraguan rebels hold journalists hostage The Associated Press MANAGUA, Nicaragua — Leftist gunmen holding the vice president and other officials also took nine Nicaraguan journalists captive yesterday, deepening the hostage-taking stalemate with a rival political group. 41 Sandinista lawmakers and other officials. Militiamen loyal to the former Sandinista government hold the journalists and 20 officials, including Vice President Virgilio Godyo. In Qualifi, the formerly U.S.-backed contra guerrillas have detained In northern Nicaragua, meanwhile, Contra rebels rejected a proposal for simultaneous release of all captives. In all, about 70 people are held in Managua and the northern town of Qualifi. The two factions, which were on opposite sides of a guerrilla war in the 1980s, have become more militant over demands for land, money and other concessions promised after a peace accord was reached. The Contra forces also demand the removal of Sandinista officials from top government posts. The hostage-taking, which began Thursday, has raised fears of a new civil war. In Managua, a gunman who did not identify himself told pro-Sandinista Radio Ya that the journalists were seized for identifying the name of the militiamen the commander in published and broadcast reports. "The journalists are now hostages," declared the gunman, one of about 20 heavily armed men who raided the headquarters of the center-right Nation-1 Organization Union on Friday, carrying 24 hostages. The journalists — all from Nicaragua news outlets — had been inside the house for hours and a group of other reporters were suddenly expelled from the front porch Sunday morning. On Saturday, the pro-Sandimista rebels freed 14 of their hostages, including two ally politicians. Now Hiring Reliable, motivated KU Students to call KU Alumni Tuesday and Thursday evenings 5:45-9:45 p.m. September 7 through November 18 84 90 per hour startling wage Call Marie Adams-Young 9-11 and 2-4 M-F 864-4201 SUBBURY Sandwich Shop FREE medium drink with the purchase of any sandwich. 1618 W. 23rd exp. 9/6/93 Not valid with any other offer. Clip and Save with Daily Kansan Coupons !!! - MOVIE POSTERS · OLD MASTERS · ROCK POSTERS · CARS · AFRICAN AMERICAN ART · MODERN & ABSTRACT · MATISSE · HUMOR · TRAVEL BACK TO SCHOOL POSTER SALE Most Images Only $5, $6 and $7 Time: 9·A.M. - 5 P.M. Date: Wed. Aug. 18 thru Fri. Aug. 27 Place: Kansas Union Gallery - 4th Floor Biggest & Best Selection WARHOL·DALI·ANSEL ADAMS·ROCKWELL·PICASSO·MC ESCHER·NATURE·MUSIC·FLORALS·MARILYN MONROE·EINSTEIN·SKIING. POSTERSALE • WYETH • GALLERY PRINTS • ANIMAL POSTERS • ORIENTALS • ROMANCE • FANTASY SUA SUA SUA SUA SUA SUA SUA SUA SUA SUA SUA