JULY 20-JULY 26,2005 PEOPLE THE UNIVERSITY DAILY KANSAN 19 Law cheats with the nanny LONDON - Jude Law publicly apologized to his actress-fiancee, Sienna Miller, expressing his "sincere regret" over an affair with one of his children's nanny. "Following the reports in today's papers, I just want to say I am deeply ashamed and upset that I've hurt Sienna and the people most close to us," the 32-year-old actor said in a statement Monday to the British Press Association. "I want to publicly apologize to Sienna and our respective families for the pain that I have caused," said Law, star of "Alfie" and "The Talented Mr. Ripley" films. The nanny was identified in the newspaper reports as Daisy Wright, 26. Law, who divorced fashion designer-actress Sadie Frost in October 2003 after a six-year marriage and three children, had no further comment. had no comment on Law's statement. The publicity firm that represents Miller told The Associated Press the 23-year-old actress When Miller arrived at Wyndham's Theatre in London's West End on July 18, where she was performing in "As You Like It," it appeared she wasn't wearing her engagement ring, the Press Association reported. Miller was Law's co-star in the remake of "Alfie." The couple became engaged on Christmas Day 2004. Earlier this year, Miller said she and Law were in no hurry to tie the knot. "I'm not going to get married this year," she was quoted as telling reporters in February. "There's no rush, we're just happy to be engaged." Law earned Oscar nominations for his roles in "The Talented Mr. Ripley" and "Cold Mountain." His screen credits also include "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow," "Closer" and "The Aviator," all released in 2004. The Associated Press Max Nash/THE ASSOCIATED PRESS Actor Jude Law with his actress-fiancee, Sienna Miller, arrives at a film premiere in London's Leicester Square, on Oct.14, 2004. Law, in a statement July 18, to the British Press Association, publicly apologized to Miller, expressing his "sincere regret" about an affair with one of his children's nanny. Topless photos revealed Tammie Arrovo/THE ASSGCIATED PRESS Cameron Diaz is shown in this March 20 photo. Two forensic experts testified July 18 that a signature on a model release form involving topless photos of Diaz appeared to be forged, using an autographed publicity photo of the actress. Photographer John Rutter is on trial In Los Angeles, accused of trying to blackmail Diaz over the pictures he took in 1992, before she was famous, and attempt to sell them back to her in 2003 for $3.5 million. 15 minutes of sex tape sparks suit LOS ANGELES - Actor Colin Farrell is suing a woman for allegedly trying to distribute and profit from a sex tape he says the two recorded with the agreement it would never be made public. The lawsuit filed July 18 seeks monetary damages as well as a temporary restraining order and injunction prohibiting the sale or other use of the videotape. Farrell, 29, accuses Nicole Narain of trying to distribute the tape through an intermediary. The two had an intimate relationship 2 1/2 years ago and both agreed that the 15-minute tape that shows the couple having sex would be jointly owned by them and would remain private, according to the suit. Narain could not be reached for comment. A call to a phone number listed for her showed the number had been disconnected. A message left for Farrell's attorney was not immediately returned July 18. The lawsuit also accused the 31-year-old woman of working with the owner of an Internet pornography business and contacting the news media about the tape. The lawsuit said the release of the videotape would irreparably harm Farrell's reputation and career. Farrell, who has starred in "S.W.A.T." and "Alexander," and is slated to appear in "The New World" and "Miami Vice," has been named one of the sexiest men alive by People magazine. He has a son with model Kim Bordenave. - The Associated Press Pitt feeling better Patrick Gardin/THE ASSOCIATED PRESS Brad Pitt is seen during a news conference at the International Film Festival in Cannes, southern France, on May 13, 2004. Pitt has been diagnosed with a mild case of viral meningitis and was released from the hospital on July 13, his publicist said. Pitt, 41, had checked himself into Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles on July 11 complaining of flu-like symptoms. He went home July 13, publicist Cindy Guagenti said. "The actor is at home and doing well," she said in a statement. O