National Democrats meet to discuss 1968 prospects WASHINGTON—(UPI)—Members of the Democratic National Committee gathered today for two days of talks aimed at putting their party back on the winning track for the 1968 presidential campaign. The national party organization is still beset by financial problems and now is facing a rejuvenated GOP, dreaming of big victories next year after its 1966 comeback. The schedule today included closed sessions with Vice-President Hubert H. Humphrey, cabinet members, and senior staff employees in the party's national headquarters. The committee's formal session, its first in more than a year, was to be held Friday. President Johnson and the national committee both need to appease rank and file workers in the field. Both were blamed in past by Democratic governors and state party officials for Democratic losses last fall. Johnson has since given National Chairman John M. Bailey the word to start rebuilding for 1968. Bailey already has recruited new deputy chairmen to re-establish the voter registration division, to hear the research division, and to head a new youth division. Ohio U president's fears cause restraint of strikers ATHENS, Ohio —(UPI) Striking employees withdraw picket lines from around buildings at Ohio University today under court orders issued after President Vernon Alden warned the school might be closed. Alden said truck drivers refused to cross the picket lines set up Sunday when some 600 of the university's 1,300 non-academic employees walked off their jobs. Deliveries of food and fuel had been reduced to a trickle, Alden said, and the school would have to be closed if the vital supplies were not delivered. If the 19,000 student state university were closed, the students would lose academic credit for the semester, Alden said. A spokesman for the strikers called Alden's warning "a fear speech," but added they would obey the order. 4 Daily Kansan Thursday, March 9, 1967 THE TEE PEE presents Fri. - The Limitations Sat. - The "Soul Sound of Eric Craft & The Signets ATTENTION SENIORS Senior Pictures Make an appointment with ESTES STUDIO today to have your Senior Picture taken. Call VI 3-1171 DEADLINE There's no party like a no party MARCH 15 LONDON — (UPI)—Actor Peter Sellers and Princess Alexandra are sponsoring a charity event which won't take place, the "No Ball." Invitations were sent Wednesday to all the "in" people. In exchange for a $2.80 donation to the Royal Commonwealth Society for the Blind, they won't have to attend. Sellers said the "No Ball" won't happen June 31.