4B THE UNIVERSITY DAILY KANSAN SPORTS MONDAY, APRIL 10.2006 Taking a victory lap Chris Carlson/THE ASSOCIATED PRESS United States' Andy Roddick jogs holding the U.S. flag after his victory over Chile's Fernando Gonzalez during their Davis Cup quarterfinals tennis match Sunday at Mission Hills Country Club, in Rancho Mirage, Calif. Roddick won the match, sending the U.S. team to the semifinals where it will face Russia. Chris Carlson/THE ASSOCIATED PRESS Defense: Photos will clear lacrosse team NCAA BY SAMUEL SPIES THE ASSOCIATED PRESS DURHAM, N.C. — Time-stamped photographs will show an exotic dancer was already injured and "very impaired" when she arrived at a party where she claims she was raped by members of Duke University's men's lacrosse team, an attorney for one of the players said Sundaw "I believe that the public will soon be able to learn the truth. The alleged victim has not returned repeated messages seeking comment, but her father said Sunday she hasn't changed her story. and that these allegations are to totally false and without merit," said Durham attorney Bill Thomas. Thomas declined to identify the player he represents and said he would not release the photos, taken by at least two cameras, until pending DNA tests are completed. He also wouldn't say whether the photos were taken by a lacrosse team member or someone else; court documents have indicated that only team members were present at the March 13 partv. No one has been charged in the case, but the allegations that members of the nearly all-white team raped the woman, a black student at a nearby university, have rocked both Duke and Durham. District Attorney Mike Nifong, who was expected to return this week from an out-of-town conference and has not commented on the case in the past several days, has said previously he is confident a rape occurred. Court documents said a medical exam of the alleged victim found injuries consistent with sexual assault. The allegations have led to the resignation of coach Mike Pressler, the cancellation of the lacrosse season and the suspension of one player from school. Nuggets guard shot, wounded NBA BY ARNIE STAPLETON THE ASSOCIATED PRESS DENVER — Denver Nuggets rookie guard Julius Hodge was shot and wounded early Saturday while driving on a highway after visiting a nightclub but is expected to make a full recovery, officials said. Sheriff's deputies said the 22-year-old player was struck in his lower body. The team said he was in fair condition. Adams County Sheriff Doug Darr said Hodge visited the Paladium club, where hip-hop artist Juelz Santana performed Friday night, but the motive for the shooting wasn't known and no suspects were in custody. "We don't have any information or indication that there was an alteration earlier," Darr said. He said it was too soon to say whether the shooting was random. Nuggets coach George Karl said he believes Hodge was hit three times in his lees. "The preliminary reports are that he's going to be fine. He should be able to play again in two to three weeks." Karl said. Nuggets general manager Kiki Vandeweghe said Hodge was in good spirits. "He's obviously a little shaken up, but he's doing fine," Vandweeghe said. Hodge was on Interstate 76 in north Denver at about 2 a.m. when another vehicle pulled alongside and someone inside fired several shots, Adams County Sheriff's Sgt. Louis Dixon said. A passenger in Hodge's vehicle flagged down another motorist, who took Hodge and the passenger to the hospital. Darr said Hodge's passenger was "mildly injured." Darr would not identify the hospital. Witnesses told investigators two people may have been in the shooter's car. Dixon said investigators don't know the name of the motorist who stopped and are hoping that motorist and any other witnesses come forward. Dixon said Hodge's passenger has been interviewed and is not a suspect. He declined to release the passenger's name and would not say what kind of vehicle Hodge was driving, but Paladium manager Jose Ramirez said he thought it was a black or navy BMW 7-series. Ramirez said Hodge and Santana both arrived at the club around 11 p.m. and that Hodge spent most of his time with Santana, even getting on stage. "I've checked with every one of my security guys and no one saw him arguing with anyone," Ramirez said. He said Hodge left around 1:45 a.m. "Apparently Julius did nothing to provoke this at all," Vandeweghe said. The mood was somber at the Nuggets' shootaround before Saturday night's game against Golden State in Denver. "There was a bit of trauma hitting us this morning. We were really solemn, crying," Karl said. "Right now we are just happy that everything is OK." Forward Reggie Evans said the players learned of the shooting when they arrived at the Pepsi Center for the shootaround. No other Nuggets were at the club with Hodge, Darr said.